Tuesday 12 May 2015

Wee Update xo

Hello friends!

I'm so very sorry for the lack of updating recently, things have been go go go and hectic as hell and I haven't had time to sit down and properly plan out a post! (Excuses, excuses, I know).

Into the bargain, I've been having a bit of a weird time of it lately. When I have particularly busy weeks I tend to get a bit anxious and I've basically just had a enormous knot in my stomach for about a fortnight, I feel like I've just remembered I left the immersion on or something, it's odd and I don't like it but I'm dealing.

Anyway, enough of the pity party! I have very little news except for the fact that I passed my driving test! I've been driving since I was 17 but to begin with I was a very nervous driver like I wouldn't drive on main roads for like a year because I was too freaked out. I finally plucked up enough courage to actually get my butt into gear and book a test and I passed! My tester was very nice and really put me at ease which made the whole ordeal so much easier. I was in full freak out mode for about a week before the test because not only is my dad a qualified driving instructor who drives for a living, my younger brother passed his test first time around when he was only 17! Pressure, pressure, pressure. 

As stupid as it sounds, I genuinely felt like I'd be such a disappointment to them if I failed. I had so many mini breakdowns over the possibility of failing and letting everyone down but it was all for nothing! I knew deep down that I'm a safe, competent, capable driver but sometimes things just don't go your way on the day like you could get an arsehole of a tester or something could go majorly wrong when you're on the road, so much potential for disaster and failure so I got myself overly worked up, nearly to the point of being sick but it's all ok now *insert thumbs up emoji*.

Other than that, it's all quiet on the western front. Trying to come up with summer plans and even though I feel a bit sad that I've nothing big planned, I also feel really excited because that means I have the whole summer spreading out ahead of me for adventures and exploring! And now I can drive anywhere I like which opens up a whole bunch of possibilities!

I'll leave at that for today, talk soon little sunflowers! x

No comments:

Post a Comment