Thursday 16 October 2014

Mini Trip to Köln


Köln is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited, I honestly didn't want to leave! I wish I'd spent more than 3 days there, I definitely needed more than that to properly explore all the nooks and crannies. 

I stayed in the old part of the city, on the same side of the river as the cathedral. Unfortunately for most of my exploring I didn't have my camera on me because when I thought we were only popping out for something to eat we ended up walking around for a few hours, missed out on some really great opportunities but here's the few photos I did get!

The cathedral is one of the most imposing buildings I've ever seen, pretty much no matter where you are in the city it's visible on the skyline or closer. It's a seriously impressive piece of architecture. 600 years of building really paid off, the entire building is simply immense.

While I was there, I saw the 1975 in the Live Music Venue and it was probably the best set I've ever seen them play, which is saying something considering the amount of times I've seen them at this stage. Quite a nice venue, I must admit, but I have to say Irish venues are a bit friendlier. Whereas I often make friends at gigs at home, the opportunity never really arose to chat to anyone or have a laugh in the Live Music Venue. In saying that, it could've just been the night that was in it though so I wouldn't let it cloud the entire experience.

Any of the decent photos I got are posted below, mostly just the cathedral. Next time I will definitely have my camera on me everywhere I go!





























No comments:

Post a Comment