Friday 22 August 2014

Dry Shampoo Review!

Recently I've become a bit obsessed with Garnier's new Ultimate Blends range, specifically their dry shampoos. Dry shampoo is an absolute godsend when I'm late for work and my hair looks a bit greasy or for looking presentable on spontaneous nights out when I haven't got the time to wash my hair.



I used to swear by the Batiste range, so quick and simple and they have such a wide variety of options for different hair types/colours. The new Garnier range only has 2 different types so far, maybe if they're received well they'll bring out some more (here's hoping).

The first one I tried out was the Revitalising 7in1 Dry Shampoo, it's lemon and green tea flavour and it smells really refreshing. It's for normal hair and I find it pretty great. There's also the Silky7in1 Dry Shampoo for mid to long hair, it smells of vanilla milk which is quite sweet but nice all the same. I tried that one out too but I kinda prefer the lemon and green tea one because I prefer the scent, they both do exactly the same job so it's just personal preference.

They both have 7 actions listed on the back of the can and I have to say neither disappointed on any of these fronts. The 7 actions are;

  1. Instantly cleanses
  2. Absorbs grease at the roots
  3. Lightweight feel
  4. Hair feels supple to the touch
  5. Hair easy to detangle
  6. Invigorating fragrance
  7. Leaves no visible residue


I haven't even gotten to the best part yet, neither of these dry shampoos needs to be brushed out after application. I repeat; no brushing necessary! All you have to do is shake the can, spray onto your hair, quick tousle and you're good to go! There's no residue or flakes or anything of that nature left in your hair, just spray and go. So, so handy when you're in a rush!

The only fault I could find, and mind you it's a minor one, is the lack of variety in the range. In saying that though, the range has only been on the market a matter of months so perhaps if it sells well then Garnier will expand the range to encompass more hair types and colours.

As far as I can tell you can buy the new Garnier Ultimate Blends products in most supermarkets and the dry shampoo ranges from €3.50 to €4 (which is about 50c more expensive than the Batiste range but in my opinion it's well worth it), however I have seen it in Penney's for about €3.

Overall I'm completely delighted with the results this product gives and I highly recommend it! If you've given it a go or have anything to add, leave a comment below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment